Atrum Pars Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a Lie, There is Only Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Let me introduce myself,

I am Darth Vigilus (I did change my name as Rathas may know me as Darth Reverentius)

I am a Sith lord that chose for personal exile, I have never been in contact with other sites, neither have I had any training by masters. I don't believe in tutoring anyways, I have learned the ways of the Sith all by myself (with the help of several sites, like the one of former dark lord Vidyus Silus)

Last, I do have had unexplainable experiences: I sometimes have blurred visions about the future, that eventually happen in some way. Besides that I have mastered the technique of Lucid Dreaming and I am a master of deceit, I hope I can be of service for your order Lord Rathas

Back to top Go down
Darth Saevus

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Greetings. I am Saevus. I hope your teachings here are useful and kept throughout the years.
|Darth Saevus|
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 am

I give my dedication to the cause of this site
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 am

Darth Vigilus wrote:
Let me introduce myself,

I am Darth Vigilus (I did change my name as Rathas may know me as Darth Reverentius)

I am a Sith lord that chose for personal exile, I have never been in contact with other sites, neither have I had any training by masters. I don't believe in tutoring anyways, I have learned the ways of the Sith all by myself (with the help of several sites, like the one of former dark lord Vidyus Silus)

Last, I do have had unexplainable experiences: I sometimes have blurred visions about the future, that eventually happen in some way. Besides that I have mastered the technique of Lucid Dreaming and I am a master of deceit, I hope I can be of service for your order Lord Rathas

vigilus, i mean this with great respect but, why is it most sith lords claim they learned the force by themselves when commonly this is held to be a lie within a lot of communities. now perhaps you did and perhaps so did draconis(a sith i can personally repsect *nods*) but what about Darth Moor? did he teach himself to? what im saying is that it requires the outsiders view on the situation. yea in the end a sith only has himself, but using a master to gain power is one of the first few sith tenants.(as ive read in books, from my master and personal revelations in the darkside) i suppose if the no master thing works for you, but youll never reach your true potential without some sort of tutoring. the tutoring you should view as extra knowledge, something you can use when you need if you need to. the truth is even when we are right, we can be wrong and even if we think we know more there are always those that know an extra technique and choose not to reveal it, so my point being you can learn from all expiernces in your life you just have to be open and perceptive to them. finally i issue a slight challenge... Would you not consider full dedication to a website (or its collective council) a CHAIN? one that eventually would be broken? or at least it would be if you trying to be a sith. the idea is to look at it as tutoring not as some weird web-religion. look at it with the understanding that this is a way of life not just some quasi-religion.

Be Mindful, and Always Dark
Darth Marrick
Back to top Go down
Darth Rathas
Lord of the Sith

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm

darth marrick wrote:
Darth Vigilus wrote:
Let me introduce myself,

vigilus, i mean this with great respect but, why is it most sith lords claim they learned the force by themselves when commonly this is held to be a lie within a lot of communities. now perhaps you did and perhaps so did draconis(a sith i can personally repsect *nods*) but what about Darth Moor? did he teach himself to? what im saying is that it requires the outsiders view on the situation. yea in the end a sith only has himself, but using a master to gain power is one of the first few sith tenants.(as ive read in books, from my master and personal revelations in the darkside) i suppose if the no master thing works for you, but youll never reach your true potential without some sort of tutoring. the tutoring you should view as extra knowledge, something you can use when you need if you need to. the truth is even when we are right, we can be wrong and even if we think we know more there are always those that know an extra technique and choose not to reveal it, so my point being you can learn from all expiernces in your life you just have to be open and perceptive to them. finally i issue a slight challenge... Would you not consider full dedication to a website (or its collective council) a CHAIN? one that eventually would be broken? or at least it would be if you trying to be a sith. the idea is to look at it as tutoring not as some weird web-religion. look at it with the understanding that this is a way of life not just some quasi-religion.

Darth Marrick

However, if there is always a teacher how does an order begin? How does one teacher exsist without a previous? That is incorrect. Self training is possible, I trained myself using the teachings I found.
Back to top Go down
https://atrumpars.darkbb.com
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Darth Rathas wrote:
darth marrick wrote:
Darth Vigilus wrote:
Let me introduce myself,

Darth Marrick

However, if there is always a teacher how does an order begin? How does one teacher exsist without a previous? That is incorrect. Self training is possible, I trained myself using the teachings I found.

my point exactly... the material you found was your master. sure it wasnt living or anything like that... it didnt scold you every time you made an error but the fact is that the manuscript webpage or whatever, knew something you didnt... until you read its secrets of course. also is this not worth a thought: the person who made that website, manuscript or whatever it was you used... is it not fair to call them your master? at least under the aftermentioned theory. the person who wrote this had to have known the information he/she wrote[even if they were an anonymous person who wrote it] would be seen. it may not be seen often but it will be seen. this in one way immortalizes the person who wrote the text or whatever in question. but i even said that self training is possible. its just ot the only route one should consider. lets go back to what i said about the master. the master wheather they be he or she matters not, they are a tool for your continued learning any real sith master realizes this. now im not saying that friendships between masters and students cant happen but what i am saying is they should be a tool first and a friend second. remember the darkside nutures the individual so look to yourself and use the others as you may. the darkside can be confusing sometimes. and as with most things it has contridictions.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rathas
Lord of the Sith

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:50 pm

In this you are correct.
Back to top Go down
https://atrumpars.darkbb.com
Darth Draconis

Darth Draconis

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Welcome. I wonder... have you thought about why you dedicate yourself? To what end?

I'm not expecting an answer, though your welcome to do so in response. But they might be worth considering for yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://orderofthesith.freeforums.org/index.php

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:19 am

I must agree with you Darth Marrick: you cannot fully learn to understand the Force on your own. That is why I came here, to learn from like-minded people who can teach me things I do not know yet. And I am open to learn more, even if it should implied being "tutored".

Furthermore, I would simply like to state that without dedication, how would the Sith survive? If Silus wasn't dedicated, we would never have learned his knowledge. With dedicating, I mean that I am willing to help in any way I can to make this community work.

I introduced myself according to the rules stated in the topic Joining and I didn't imply on starting an argument...
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 am

lol fair enough vigilis, perhaps i took your words too litterally but i think in the end i got the answer i was wanting:)
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:19 am

I must say I was impressed reading an re-reading your answers. What you say makes more sense every time I contemplate about it. I come to realize that to reach my full potential I will need some sort of tutoring, and I am becoming more and more eager to know the ways of how a teacher passes his knowledge to a student. So to conclude, I will become an apprentice to whoever is willing to teach me his teachings. And one who can teach me how to pass my teachings correctly as well...
Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 am

Maybe a minor notification, I changed my name to darth starkiller, sorry for the inconvenience
Back to top Go down
Darth Revan

Darth Revan

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Welcome new members. I look forward to seeing what you bring to our table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greetings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Greetings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atrum Pars Academy :: Atrum Pars :: Welcome-
Jump to: