Atrum Pars Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a Lie, There is Only Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Curious Question(s)...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

A Curious Question(s)... Empty
PostSubject: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I have to wonder as i look at this site, what would the Sith Trials consist of exactly? would it quiz you on sith history? sith philosphy? sith attitude? sith theories? i think that these should be the question on the admin's mind(granted this site may have just started getting popular or not) either way just a few thoughts for those in charge;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:18 am

I'd say a quiz on your knowledge could be useful, though easily manipulated however...
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:04 pm

perhaps vigilus, but keep in mind that knowledge can be faked and typically its alot harder to tell if someone is hiding something online. the scope of the knowledge is part of the question.EX: Sith History for example could inculde ficitional or real known siths. the other part of the question i would say is content of the responses from the individual undertaking the trial. like for example how in depth is there explanation of what occurred to them during a situation. EX: ***Sample question***- What are the steps you take to induce meditation?*** the answer is this, there are more then one way to induce a meditative stated, which is typically based on each individual...* put explanation of meditation method here* but there are a whole host of ways an apprentice going through the trials, might answer this rather over generalized question. i would put it out there that perhaps the trials(assuming they are txt based) be answered in complete sentances. this isnt english class and i know people from all over the web veiw these pages, however for the sake of those trying to read the answers it may be a smart idea to include there. [if any admins out there who actually paying attention to this message thread, im more then glad to express my full thoughts on the matter with you via PM]
Back to top Go down
Darth Rathas
Lord of the Sith

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Interesting question. Currently the trials consist of the ideas of the master, but we are working on them. PM me your thoughts, I do like your ideas Marrick.
Back to top Go down
https://atrumpars.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:40 am

Marrick, that was what i meant with easily manipulated. Due to the fact that the trials would be written, it will never be visible wether the trial taker has cheated or has taken the trial with honour. And take in mind that once an apprentice takes a trial, other masters will have to keep in mind that there are answers to already asked questions within the trial section. I think devising a well-working trial system will be the most difficult task for you Lord Rathas, and yet succeeding in it will be a strong pillar to sustain this academy...

PS: as for Sith history, it might be best to stick to the fictional sith, since it is difficult to create a extended detailled history of real known siths. This however, is only my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Darth Vigilus wrote:

PS: as for Sith history, it might be best to stick to the fictional sith, since it is difficult to create a extended detailled history of real known siths. This however, is only my point of view.

yes i agree with you there whole heartedly. itd be a lot harder to go all the way back to the lates 90's just to try to find the very first sith site and the very first sith lord. silus says hes the first in one of his titles. and that may be we will never truely know. after all cunning, and subterfuge is the siths best weapon. also i was just asking fictional or non fictional as a general thought question. i also agree this could potentially keep this order alive. from what ive seen most orders of the sith are typically activity dead by 9 months give or take..[ this is a generilization of course] but this one i think will continue on. Rathas i shall pm you my suggesstions in just a bit.Smile
Back to top Go down
VITUS

VITUS

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:25 pm

the real question is,what is the reality of sith origins?

is it truly derived from star wars?

is it a compilation of different dark orders throughout both real life and fantasy history?

is it directly connected to a real philosophy here on earth in the present,or past?

was is something that manifested within george lucas's mind?

was it an old path,that had such great power,that it used lucas to re-establish itself,and will continue to outlive him and his family,and all of us?

i think its important to explain,because i have no doubt in my mind that there are people out there,and maybe even in here,that just love star wars scifi,and like to play-act,and roleplay.

i dont. i treat this as a very real power,and a very real philosophy and set of ideals,to live by,and grow with.

just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Curious Question(s)...   A Curious Question(s)... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Curious Question(s)...
Page 1 of 1