Atrum Pars Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace is a Lie, There is Only Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Empty
PostSubject: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Felines are the most "Sith" Beings ive ever seen in my life.. [if your a cat person that is] think about it. those of us who adore cats, allow them to rule many facets of things. if you go to work and come back home and your cat has no food in his bowl, best believe he will be at the door the moment to walk through the threshold to "tell" you all about it. Cats think of nothing but of themselves, while grooming, eating, drinking, playing, being petted and i assume while sleeping. think about this as further proof: when you have more then one cat, you typically only pet one at a time and most times the one your not petting is vying for your attention. but this is not always the case as some like to seclude themselves in hiding places. tell me what is more "Sith" then that of a cat? i say we should all strive to further be like the cat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Hmm... quite interesting theory. I too have a cat and what you say makes a lot of sense. Perhaps it could be interesting to adapt more of the characteristics that cats prominently have.
But allow me some misplaced humor: if we strive to be cats should we clean ourselves with our tongues and throw up hairballs? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Darth Starkiller wrote:

But allow me some misplaced humor: if we strive to be cats should we clean ourselves with our tongues and throw up hairballs? Laughing

hahaha by the force i hope not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 am

I studied my cat today for a bit. It's true what you say: when my cat's hungry, it comes to sit at the window (she's an adopted street cat and doesn't really feel alot to being inside) and starts staring at me and meowing. Like she tells me: hey you! I'm hungry so get the cat food. And just like Sith, cats keep going untill they reach their goal. If I think that it's too early to give her food she will stay there
looking at the window and vying for my attention untill I finally give her the food. And just like you say about egoïsm, as soon as she has her food, she completely starts ignoring you and doesn't need you anymore. I guess it can be said that cats simply use us as tools to make it easier to fullfill their needs... Damn cats... Smile
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 pm

i really got a kick outa this. its true... cats rule us we dont rule them its an illusion lol but we cant actually allow it to become an actual chain of course.
Back to top Go down
Darth Vilious

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Indeed this comparison makes sense, all you say it is true and we can observe everyday with our own cats, eitherway we must understand that they are animals, and like many animals they rely on themselves and think only in themselves. We can find many traces in cats and in several other animals that we can rely to be a Sith comparison, in fact we can easily compare Sith with most animals who preserve and show mostly their true instinct. That is what to be Sith is, to rely on instinct and use the hidden, wild side of ourselves, but with something that some animals that have this characteristics do not have (not all): Control.
We must use our animal instinct with a bit of control, always making the best for ourselves and sometimes not the best if the goal passes through the fact that we must do something that is not good for us, that is not the best for us directly. The difference so, is that our animal side must be controled and only released when we wish and for something really important, worthy. Animals tend to simply be animals, using their instinct and wild ways, without moderation most of the time.
That is why Sith are men, because we are more intelligent and can use the available weapons with the most efficiency.
The Sith can be animals but the animals cannot be Sith. If you know what i mean.

Thank you for reading
Back to top Go down
http://vilious.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 am

Very true, but isn't it just tempting to give in completely to the animal instincts? Too much control can become a chain as well...
Back to top Go down
Darth Vilious

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:27 am

Indeed, to much control may hold you back, that is when our intelligence comes in, to know when to control and when no to.
The sense that all Sith are uncontrolable beasts who follow only their emotions are false, even if some minor Sith tend to act like that, a true Sith knows to control himself and so, control everything around him, using emotions to empower them and not letting emotions take control of his mind, choosing why,when and how.
Back to top Go down
http://vilious.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Well said, the reason for my tempt is that I have too much of control over my emotions. It's difficult for me to ventilate my anger entirely, I kind of hold it inside. As long as you're limited by that, you're driven by the hate towards your own self control
Back to top Go down
Darth Marrick

Darth Marrick

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest-starkiller
what happened? lol
Back to top Go down
VITUS

VITUS

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 pm

i dont know about cats,but my 12ft.python tries to bite me if i miss feeding him a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night   i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i had an amusing thought before bed and after meditation last night
Page 1 of 1